Thursday, November 29, 2012

New doc

So yesterday I finally had my appointment with the reproductive endocrinologist. I really liked him! I started having a minor freak out on Tuesday night. I was basically a big ball of nerves. I logged on to Facebook to see that this doctor was just named in the top 1% of RE's in the country. That's pretty good so I think he knows what he's doing.

I left work early and met Ben for my appointment. We met with Dr. S. first and told him our story. We had most of the paper work from both losses so he was able to review all of our stuff. He was somewhat surprised as to how much we have going on. He thought that most of it really didn't seem to be connected. He asked a ton of questions and told us why he thought some of the stuff was happening. After telling him everything, he decided we would start with bloodwork, an exam, and an ultrasound. He also gave me a progesterone shot. Once I start I will have a test done where they shoot dye in me and look at everything with an X-ray to make sure my uterus and ovaries and everything else looks okay. That should be fun! :)

They took about 10 things of blood from me yesterday. The doctor told me that he didn't remember the last time he had asked for so many different types of tests to be done on someone! Well, aren't I lucky?! Ha! They also took some blood from Ben to check for any chromosomal disorders. From the exam and the ultrasound, he said everything looked normal. My uterus and ovaries are normal. They did say that I did have PCOS which we already knew. Dr S also seemed to think that I didn't have endometriosis. But the next few tests that we are going to do will help confirm this.

I'll go in a week or so to have the dye test done. Then I will go back in three weeks to talk about the blood work and possibly the dye test. I feel really good about all this! I like how fast we are moving
with everything. I've been ready for a while to move on and I finally feel like we are. I like that this doctor isn't dragging things out and getting things done fairly quickly. 

So, we will take all the information from all of our tests to determine where to go next. Hopefully we'll have some answers and know what We need to do.

1 comment:

matthew and stefanie said...

Oh girl! I had an HSG done also. It is very uncomfortable!! Especially if one of your Fallopian tubes are blocked. Which one of mine was so that maybe why it hurt so much! I do them at work all the time and always told my patients it was a little uncomfortable and it would only last a few minutes....ha!! Was I wrong!! Take some Tylenol before the test and drink LOTS of water afterwards to get the due out of your system. I didn't do that and the next day was terrible until I started drinking lots of water and the pain started easing off. So I tell all my patients now to drink! Drink! Drink!! I will be praying for you!!!!