I had a few complications yesterday but I didn't freak out too much since I knew I had an appointment this morning. After talking to Dr. Hudson this morning he wanted to check my Hcg and progesterone levels before doing an ultrasound. So I went to the lab to have blood work done. This appointment was difficult. I hadn't really thought about the fact that I would be having to write that this is my second pregnancy and that my last pregnancy ended the way it did. It hit me like a ton of bricks while filling out all the paperwork. Then when Dr. Hudson walked in I lost it. He has to be the sweetest doctor ever! He was so sweet and concerned but at the same time he wanted to make sure all was well with the pregnancy. So anyway, we went to the lab to have my blood work. While I was in there, I guess the nurse could tell I had been crying. She started telling me how everything was going to be okay and that miracles happen all the time. Well I was trying not to cry as she was saying all this. While holding in my tears, I ended up crying really hard! Those poor nurses probably thought I was crazy!! I walked out and Ben asked me if they stuck me that hard. No I was just a tad emotional! Ha!
So anyway, I spent the most of the afternoon on the couch cleaning out my DVR. I even took a 2 hour nap!! It was fabulous!! Every time my phone rang, my heart sank! I was so afraid of hearing bad news! Dr. Hudson finally called at about 4. He said that he had good news, which made me happy! He told me that my HcG levels were 20,650! At this time last pregnancy, they were 13,000 and something! My progesterone was 14.9, which isn't too bad. They typically want to see something above 15. So he is putting me on Prometruim to get that number up.
So the plan now is for me to go back Thursday for my actual first OB appointment and to have an ultrasound. I will also have the labs redone just to make sure the numbers are increasing like they should.
Just keep praying that everything goes smoothly. I post an update on Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment