Today is supposed to be my baby shower.
I'm supposed to be preparing for the arrival of my newborn.
I'm supposed to be big and pregnant when I see my family this Christmas.
I'm supposed to be talking to Ben about Christmas traditions we want to start with our family.
My 2011 Christmas ornament is supposed to be one celebrating my pregnancy.
I'm supposed to be monogramming sweet little onesies and blankets and everything else I can get my hands on for my baby.
Our youth pastor at church is currently working as our music pastor until our church finds another one. He is amazing. He recently wrote a song about waiting on the Lord. I heard it a few times while I was pregnant with Parker and fell in love with it. It perfectly summed up what I felt while waiting to get pregnant. The first time I heard it after losing Parker, I lost it. In the middle of church I was crying like a baby. The lyrics are perfect for anyone in a "waiting" season of life.
I’m waiting on you to
cut through the dark
I’m waiting on you to
speak to my heart
All this waiting is
hard for my soul
I’m waiting on you to
open my eyes
To see things the way
you see my life
Seems your saying
this is good for my soul
I’m waiting on you to
make sense of these
Misplaced pieces and
long stalled dreams
All this waiting is
hard for my soul
I’m waiting on you to
take this from me
I thought you said that I’d find the strength
You must be saying
this is good for my soul
So I trust in the
promise that steadies my hope
You never forsake or
leave me alone
I’ll trust in the
promise for those in the fight
That joy comes after
the darkest of nights
Mostly I trust
because I’ve been here before,
You broke through the
silence and shouted you love when I waited
On the copy of the song that I have, our pastor reminds us that the reason God has us in the season of waiting is to learn to trust him. He reminds us that we must remember that everything in our life is sifted through his hands. God has a plan and it is much bigger and better than the plan we have. We can only see right here and right now but God can see the big picture. He has a life of purpose and fulfillment in store for us. But in order to get where he wants us to be we have to go the way he wants us to go. So you have to make the decision to trust him. Lord, I trust you.
My heart has been absolutely breaking for the Duggar family. You can think what you want about the amount of children they have and if they should have more. But it's not our place to judge. They are doing what they feel they have been called to do. They are trusting in the Lord. My heart knows all too well exactly the pain they are in right now. And I'm so heartbroken for them. They had a ceremony for their baby and at it Michelle Duggar played a recording of a letter she wrote to her daughter. I have written to Parker just like this many times. It sums up exactly what Ben and I have felt over the last three months. Go here to listen to it. It's good.
1 comment:
I love you girl! I just read your blog and a few minutes later a note from my calender popped up reminding me about your tea. That make me sad too , but like you said God has a bigger and better plan for you.. Hope ornenment is precious!!
Post a Comment