Monday, May 23, 2011

A Weekend Update...

This weekend was really good! We got together with some great friends and had time to relax!

Friday night Cook and Erin came over and we grilled out. We had yummy steaks and potatoes. We had so much fun catching up with them. Jackson is getting so big. It's hard to believe that he is about to be a year old! He was crawling around like crazy! He is too cute!

Saturday morning, Ben went to play golf with Jake. While he was gone I did a little shopping. Erin asked me last weekend to monogram some outfits for Jackson for her. I didn't have the right green colored thread so I had to go buy some. I found a new sewing shop in Hoover. Well the shop isn't new, it's just new to me. I am so glad because now I can quickly run and get thread or stabilizer or whatever else I need quickly. The other stores I have been using are a little out of the way. When I left the sewing shop I ran by JoAnn's and got some new fabric. Because I mean really,  how do you buy new thread without new fabric. But of course, after I bought new fabric I realized I needed more thread to match what I had bought.. haha! This can be a very expensive hobby!! I left JoAnn's and come home and did laundry and monogrammed all day. I think I probably watched 30 YouTube videos on how to make some really cute kids clothes! I'll have a post about that when I make them. I'm hoping they turn out as cute as I think they will!

Cute John John for Jackson. It had green around the edge of the sleeves and around the shirt collar.

An up close of the monogram

Another john john...

And a close up

Amy asked me to monogram this for her. Kim always wanted to be called Auntie. And when Amy found this she just had to have it! It's a little big for Brody so it may be a while before he can fit in it, but he will look precious in it when he does wear it.


Saturday night Ben and I went to Amy and Chris' with Jake and Kate and had dinner with them. Amy made spaghetti and it was delicious!! It was funny to see the size difference between Kaleb and Brody. Brody looks huge next to Kaleb. We watched the race and hung out after dinner. It was really good to get together with all of them.

Sunday morning we went to church. The devil was bound and determined to keep us home. I woke up about 30 minutes late and I had really bad stomach pains, but we made it. I was so glad we did! Pastor Jay spoke on divorce. That can be a really hard topic to preach on but he did really good. At the end of the message he asked all the people that had been divorced themselves or if they were a child of divorced parents to come up for him to pray with them. I was shocked to see how few people were still in the pews. He talked to them about how to deal with going through one or being affected by divorce. He told them to remember 4 things.
  1. You're not alone. 
  2. Jesus understands.
  3. Take time to heal.
  4. Forgive. 
I couldn't help but think about how these four things are so true with any situation that you are going through. Whether it be waiting for a baby, like Ben and I; going through the aftermath of the tornadoes; have newborns at home; grieving the loss of a loved one; or just going through the day to day disappointments. These four things can help you get through a lot of situations.

After church we had a relaxing Sunday. We went to lunch with Amy, Chris, and Brody. Then went home and I worked on some more monogramming, planted some flowers, and took a short nap. Then we went to deliver the clothes to Erin and Cook. We finished the weekend with dinner at Ben's parents house. When we were leaving I told Ben that it really did smell like summer. I love summertime and I can't wait for it to get here!

Just because I feel like I can't have a post right now without an official countdown... 3 more days with kiddos, and 4 more days until I'm officially done with my 4th year teaching!!