Friday we had the day off. Can you believe we actually had a weather day? Many schools in our area would love to have a day off! I am really surprised we had a day off. I woke up and rearranged my guest/sewing room. I wanted to make more room for a pack and play I got Kaleb to stay in this summer. I cleaned up a little around the house and then my mom came down. She and I went shopping to get the pack and play and swing for Kaleb then we went to visit Kaleb and Kate. It was a fun little visit. Kaleb wasn't a very happy camper, but Kate was able to get some things done while we were there!
When we left there we went home and got fixed up to head out for Kate's birthday. We went to Stix, which is our go-to restaurant when we eat out. It was very good!
Saturday Ben and I went to get all of our annual flowers. We went to a local nursery and then about 4 other places. I think all of our flowers came from different places. Normally I just go and get the same ole thing but Ben wanted something a little different this year.
Saturday night we were exhausted so we just hung out around the house. Ben watched the race and I was crafty... I'll have a post on that later, when I take pictures of what I made.
Sunday morning we went to Jake and Kate's church for Kaleb's dedication. The whole family looked adorable together. Kaleb did his little baby cry for a little bit but other than that he was fine! I know it was special for him to dedicated on Mother's Day.
After church we headed over to Ezell's Catfish Cabin... The wait was long and ridiculous but the food was yummy!!
After church Ben and I went with my parents shopping. They got them a new computer and Ben got him some new clothes! After our little shopping adventure, we headed down to Ben's parents house for dinner. His mom picked up barbecue for us. She made baked beans and her good potato salad. After all these big meals this weekend, there is no wonder I gained the 2 pounds back I lost last week! But it was all worth it!
On a personal note... this is not the Mother's Day that I thought I would have this year. I thought by now I would be a mom too. It was hard and there were times all day that I fought back tears, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Every time I would start to get upset by it all Ben would remind me of all the great things I do have.



No comments:
Post a Comment