Tuesday, May 3, 2011

We Will Praise You In This Storm...

I don't even know where to begin. This weekend has been so overwhelming and emotional! Everything has been slammed into perspective. Jake and Kate are safe and sound! There are staying in Kate's grandfathers old house until their house is fixed. I know its not how Kate imagined her maternity leave but they are safe and will have a house to move back into in a few months.

I have never seen so many people willing to help! Every time you turned around someone was asking if you wanted a bottle water or food or needed anything. Its amazing! I talked to my kids about all the storms and stuff on Thursday but we didn't get into too much because I was on the verge of tears all day. I took the day off Friday to help Jake and Kate, but when I returned Monday we really started talking about it. We talked about how several schools around our state were completely destroyed and MANY children lost homes and belongings. They started telling me all these ways they could help. Can I tell you my kids are amazing! They have brought in money and items to donate to these students. Some of them are having bake sales and other things to raise money for the people affected by the storms. I have two jars in my room right now, one for the boys and one for the girls. They started putting money in this morning. They were so happy to see how many people were putting money into the jars! I am so proud of them!!

This is a video I saw on facebook from Cox Broadcasting which some of our local radio stations are a part of...



I am currently listening to James Spann's weekly WeatherBrains webcast, its amazing to hear our local meteorologist so real. We see them on TV and see them during all of the storms that hit our area and sometimes we forget that they are real people. They are affected by these storms too!

Here is a video I found of Concord, where Jake lives.


Please continue to pray for all the people affected by these storms. All of the people who lost loved ones, homes, jobs, cars, pets. Pray for the people who are volunteering to help. Pray for our mayors and governor.

No comments: