Anyways, on to the real point of this post... Today I had the consultation with the infertility nurse. The doctor I go to has an infertility department so I don't have to go to a totally new doctor. It's nice being in familiar surroundings during something like this. First of all, I love the nurse that I have seen the past two times. She is very upbeat and positive, which leaves me hopeful. Basically today we sat down and went over the plan from here on out. I will begin Clomid in January. If I don't get pregnant in that first cycle of Clomid I will also begin taking shots. We also went on to discuss other possibilities if I am not pregnant within the next four to six months. It was all a little overwhelming but informative. I like to be informed so I know what to expect. While she was very hopeful that I will be pregnant soon, she was also realistic. She explained that this could take a while. I am glad that I wasn't given false hope that I'll be pregnant next month.
Once again, I left the office feeling very hopeful. I think once everything sinks in, I'll need a few days to deal with the reality of the situation. After I left the office when I saw Dr. H. (at the beginning of Nov) I was really hopeful about everything, but then it hit me that I wasn't going to be pregnant by Thanksgiving or Christmas. Holidays are hard when you aren't able to share the news that everyone is waiting on.
But, at least the planner in me is satisfied for the time being. We will move forward with God's guidance and love.
I have heard several songs lately that I have probably heard a million times, but for whatever reason, I the words finally truly meant something. Today I heard Casting Crowns, " I will Praise You in This Storm." Tears were streaming down my face as I was singing this. I thank God for everything He has given Ben and I.
And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm
No comments:
Post a Comment