Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Day 2010....


This picture was taken on the snow day in 2008...



Here is a link my post about Snow Day 2009...
This is a picture...
Well, Who knew that we would have another snow day... that's three consecutive years people!! I know the people who live up north probably laugh at the fact that we freak out about 2-4 inches of snow, but when you never get it - that's huge!!!

The weathermen had been talking about it all week but I try not to get my hopes up because snow in alabama is very unlikely. But Thursday afternoon before we loaded up the buses, my principal came over the intercom and said she had just recieved a call from the superintendent that we would not be having school on Friday!! YES!!! And no!!! If we used our second weather day that meant that after Spring Break (in mid-march) we would not have another day off until summer break!Now for most of you in the real world thats no big deal, but when you are responsible for 17 kids, you NEED that sanity break, even if it is only one day!!! At least I have some sick days I can take!! :)

Friday morning, I woke up with Ben and there wasn't any snow... I started doing laundry and there still wasn't snow... I made myself breakfast, and there still wasn't snow... At about 10:00 my mom called me and told me to GET TO THE STORE AND BUY MILK AND BREAK, IT'S SNOWING!!! where she was... it still wasn't snowing where I am.. FINALLY at about 10:30 it started snowing!!! And KEPT snowing and KEPT SNOWING!! until there was about 3 or so inches on the ground!!!

The dogs loved it!! It makes me kind of sad that we don't get it more often so they could play in it more... They absolutely have a blast in it!!!

The picnic table and my planters....

 Since Ben was working and I ddin't want to get outside and build a snowman by myself, I took a picture of the neighbors snowman. It was about 6 feet tall. Right after I snapped this picture, the top two parts fell over...


Our beautiful house all covered in snow... There ended up being a little more snow than this because it continued to snow for about 2 more hours after I took this picture..

Bella and Junior laying by the door waiting on me to let them back outside...

The bushes in the front yard..

The pine trees on the hill outside our house. I took these when it first started snowing so there ended up being more snow on these too.

Here are a few of my favorites of the dogs playing in the snow. You should be able to click on it and make it bigger. The one in the middle of Bella standing on the table licking the snow makes me laugh so much!! Bentley didn't want too much to do with the snow. He pretty much stayed perched up on his chair all day watching it snow out the window.


We had a blast in the snow this year!! Who knows if we'll get anymore. One things for sure, I don't think I could make it up north where they get a ton of snow each year!!


No comments: