So I'm pretty sure that the handful of you that read this blog know that I have a 45 commute to and from work everyday.
Some days I hate it - other days I love it.
Some days I love the fact that I have 45 minutes to wake up in the morning before I have to be nice to anyone at work - other days I really wish that I could sleep an extra 45 minutes.
Whether I hate it or love it, one thing is always true - People can't drive!!
I mean seriously. They can't and it drives me crazy! (No pun intended) Now I will be the first to admit that I am not a perfect driver, but I'd like to think I have some common sense when it comes to driving.
You know the ones I'm talking about...
The ones who leave their blinker on for 6.43 miles. I mean seriously do you ever look down at you speedometer? Really?
I was driving down the other day. It was cloudy and maybe four drops had hit my windshield - no big deal. The Rain-x helped the drops run right off. Well apparently the lady in front of me did not have rain-x because she slammed on her brakes and put her windshield wipers on full blast. I'm not kidding. She went about 60 miles an hour in the fast lane with her windshield wipers on FULL BLAST!!!!! When I finally was able to pass her, she was talking on her cell phone. To this day I highly doubt she had any idea that 1. it wasn't raining or 2. there were a million cars behind her wanting her to go faster!
Do you understand the purpose of an exit ramp? Some people apparently don't - AT ALL!!! The purpose of an exit ramp is for you to slow down when getting off the interstate... DUH! I thought we all knew that. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten behind someone that when they saw the EXIT 1 - 1 mile sign they almost come to a stop. Now in the interest of safe driving if you were going way faster than the speed limit I could understand your need to slow down. But when you are already going 60 mph in a 70 mph zone - there is NO NEED TO SLOW DOWN!!!
On the majority of my commute I am on 2 lane interstates - one lane for slower traffic - one lane for faster traffic... The thing that makes me madder than anything else on my commute is that when I am happily driving down the road with my cruise nicely set between 75 and 80 and I see a slower car in front of me. I get over to pass him and what does he do? Speed up to make it impossible to pass him?? Why? Then once I finally get around the idiot very nice person, they slow back down to their slow speed. Why?
Well that’s all the ramblings I have for now. I'm sure I will have more road rage ramblings later; I mean the school year is only half over.
But for now, pray for me on my commute and pray for the dumb people I am driving with.
1 comment:
I do not miss my commute! Praying for you.
Post a Comment