Since school is in full swing, life is super busy!! I thought I was busy before having a baby, but I had no idea what busy meant. While I'm at work, Tucker has been staying with my mom and mother-in-law. He is doing great with them and loves spending so much time with his grandmothers! And the grandfathers get to sneak a little time with him too!
He seems to be liking his schedule. I wake him up about 5:30 each morning to feed him before going to Nana or Gigi's. He generally falls back to sleep on the way to see them or soon after he gets to their house.
He eats every 3-4 hours during the day. He has started drinking some juice during the day as well. His face was hilarious when we first gave it to him. But he loves it! He takes between 2-4 ounces a day. We don't really have a schedule for it, just whenever he seems to want it.
I tried giving him cereal with a spoon a week or so ago. He wasn't quite ready for it. I am going to try again this week. I think he will do much better now. He seems more ready for it. This is gross but he spit up two times today and swallowed it. Yuck! But that tells me he can probably swallow the cereal better now. I have given him cereal in his night time bottle a few times but it isn't something I've done every night!
Tucker loves his night time routine. We generally feed between 5:30 and 6. He will play for a little bit while Ben and I eat dinner. Typically at 7, I start the bath. He LOVES his bath!! He can be super fussy and I put him in the bath, and he will calm down and relax. He splashes his feet in the water and talks! I get him out and dress him for bed. Some nights he will take another bottle to tied him off before bed. Some nights he just wants his bed. But generally he's in bed by 8 or 8:30! A few nights he has woken up but I have been able to just put his paci back in and he'll go right back to sleep. Most nights, however, he sleeps until I wake him up in the morning. Last night we put him to bed at about 9 and he slept until 8. He woke me up laughing at something! He was so cute! He also takes naps really good in his crib!! Nana and Gigi both have cribs that he takes naps in at their houses.
He is talking more and more and laughs so much!! Ben can get him belly laughing and it is just the best sound in the entire world!! He has the best laugh and smile!! When Ben or I (really, when anyone he knows) walks into a room, he smiles the biggest smile!
He loves all sorts of toys!! Mom bought him this seat at Target. He loves it!! He feels like such a big boy sitting up, but the back is high enough that he doesn't have to struggle to hold his head up. This was great when he was just first learning to sit and his head was still wobbly. Now he's a little more sturdy but he still loves it!!
He also loves his jumperoo. This past week he has really started paying attention to all of the toys on it! He will sit in there for a while just playing!! We also put him in the walker at Gigi's. He loves it! He has scooted it back a few times but hasn't figured out how to walk forward just yet!
He LOVES Mickey!! I'm not sure when this obsession started or why he is so obsessed but he LOVES the mouse!! Anytime we turn it on, he really pays attention. He will smile the biggest smile when Mickey walks on the screen!! Minga got him the cutest Mickey stuffed animal that has several things on it that he can chew on and he loves it!!
Speaking of chewing on things, Tucker will chew on EVERYTHING!!! Anything that is in his hands, go immediatley to his mouth!! And the drooling! Oh my goodness! The kid drools constantly! I keep thinking there will be a tooth sometime soon!! But who knows when he'll get his first one!
Tummy time is finally not so bad! I put him on his stomach today and he just looked around! He seemed to actually enjoy it!! And I think it's only a matter of time that he starts crawling or flipping over! He can turn over from his back to his stomach but he's done it so few times, I think it's all been by accident. But I think he'll figure it out soon! And as far as the crawling goes, if he good figure out how to move his arms, he'd be off! He can move his legs but his arms are in the way!
He wants to sit up so bad! Most of the time, he prefers to be sitting up rather than laying down! He isn't quite stable enough to do on his own but he's getting better and better everyday! He'll be sitting alone soon!
Tucker's in size two diapers and is wearing mostly 6 month clothes. Some 3 month still fit and some are 6-9 month clothes! He weights about 16 pounds!!
A few other important things:
- His eczema seems to be under control better. I think it helps that it's not quite so hot!! We've been putting aquafor on it all the time. If it gets too bad, then we use hydrocortizone and that seems to help it too!
- A couple of weeks ago, I found a knot on Tucker's chest. I called the doctor but didn't think it'd be a big deal. We were scheduled for our 4 month check up the next week, I thought they'd say just wait until then. But the nurse said we needed to come in as soon as possible. I basically started freaking out! Ben was going to take him, but I ended up leaving work early to go to the doctor too. It ended up not being a big deal. The doctor said it could be a cyst or lymphnode from his eczema. He said that since it didn't seem to both Tucker, he wasn't overly concerned about it. We were watching it to make sure it doesn't change. But this past week, I found two more. I called back and the doctor said to keep watching them and we'd look into them more at our next appointment.

No comments:
Post a Comment