Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A fun weekend!

We have has such a fun weekend! I am exhausted and wish I had tomorrow off to recuperate but it sure was a blast!

Friday night was a somewhat low key night. Ben and I went and ate dinner and then ran some errands. Saturday we woke up early and headed to Atlanta for my cousins wedding. We got about half way there and Ben said, "Heather, we aren't going to make it as early has you wanted too." When I looked up I could see the tire pressure light on on the dashboard. We were quickly losing air in one of our tires. Luckily, we were able to find a tire store and quickly get it repaired.


Once we finally made it to Atlanta, we hung out with my grandparents before heading to the wedding. It was gorgeous! The venue was a wooded retreat center type place. The wedding chapel sat over looking a small lake. She was going to have it outside overlooking the lake but it ended up being 40 degrees! So she had it inside the chapel. The reception building was on the other side of the little lake. It had an outdoor fireplace and was set up with hot cocoa and a s'mores station. Everything was just so cute!!


 

I think the funniest thing of the wedding was my 83 year old grandmother getting up and dancing!! When she finished, I told her I had never seen her dance like that and she told me I should have seen her in her prime, that she used to dance way more! I'm sorry I missed that! ha! I have a video but for some reason it won't let me upload it!

When we left the reception, we went back to Minga and Granddad's to change clothes. Ben and I quickly got on the road and headed to Auburn. We have seen Brent Cobb several times and got to know him over the last year or so. It's fun going to his show now because he knows us. It's kinda like we know a celebrity. He has written songs for Luke Bryan, Kellie Pickler, David Nail and Little Big Town. Watch for him, because one day he will be big!!  When we got there we met some friends that had been to some of his other shows. He didn't get on the stage until about 11:30 and shut the place down at about 2:00. It was a lot of fun, but I think it was the longest drive home ever! We didn't get home until about 4. I tried to stay awake with Ben and I could hardly do it!! We knew we would be exhausted but we figured it won't be long (hopefully) until we can't do that anymore so we should while we can!


Sunday we got and went to lunch and then saw a matinee of Safe Haven. We were sitting there waiting on the movie to start and in walked Barbara and Kevin! What a great surprise!! We ended up watching the movie with them and were able to chat a little after the movie!So fun! And the movie was great, by the way!

I know I haven't updated this blog much! I have a million posts running around in my head, but haven't had the time to sit and write them. Hopefully, I'll have more time over the next few days!

No comments: