Wednesday, August 24, 2011

17 week doctor appointment??

So I know that I just posted my 15 week post but I am apparently skipping ahead to 17 weeks...

Let me explain. When I found out I was pregnant I was shocked, not because of the fact that I was actually pregnant but because we weren't trying at all. I had no idea when I was supposed to ovulate or anything.I THOUGHT I knew the weekend that I ovulated. But when we had the ultrasound, the baby was much smaller than we thought. That is when the confusion started.

The infertility department gave me a due date at the very beginning but after having the first ultrasound changed it to Feb. 4th. After we had the ultrasound and saw what the baby was measuring we thought I was almost 7 weeks. Being 7 weeks at that time in June and having a due date of Feb 4 didn't match up, but I never really questioned it. When I started putting in my due date to find out what was happening with the baby I had to put my due date in as Feb 11 or Feb 18 to make it match up to the week I thought I was on.

Does this make sense? I am doing a million things at once so I hope it does.

Anyway the nurse came into the room today and asked how far along I thought I was. Fifteen weeks did not match up with anything she had. So it took forever to figure out how far along I was and if my due date would change.

I saw a different doctor today, Dr. S actually. I wasn't happy about seeing her but I didn't want to wait forever to see Dr. H since he was so backed up.  She changed how far along I was to 17 weeks. I will probably question it until I see how big the baby is measuring on the ultrasound. She told me I could come back next week for the big ultrasound but since Dr. H won't be in the office next week, we decided to wait 2 weeks. Hopefully by waiting we ensure that we can find out something. I am planning on having a gender reveal party so I really hope we find out at the next appointment.

For the update on the baby.... It's perfect, but I may be biased! The heartbeat was between 160-170. The nurse didn't give me an exact number. Dr. S said the baby was right where it should be.

I was really interested in seeing what my blood pressure was since starting back to school. Last appointment my blood pressure was 112/72. This appointment it was 120/80. So a little bit higher, but not too bad!

So this weekend next week I will have my 18 week update!

2 comments:

matthew and stefanie said...

Oh wow! Our babies will be here at about the same time!! Cant wait to hear! I say girl!

Lindsey Ray said...

Yay for Baby Green! I love you both and am so glad I can keep undated from here.