Disappointment
I don't think anyone can life go through life without disappointment. Its something we all have to learn to face at sometime or another. But there comes a time when the disappointment gets to be too much... How do you know if your expectations for people are too high? What happens if you lower them and you continue to be disappointed?
It seems like everytime I turn around I am being disappointed by one person or another. It used to be different. This used to be the one person that I depended on to have my back to protect me, the one I used to vent to about life. And its gone... It will never be like that again and I'm fine with that but to not have a fraction of that - its disappointing.
Disappointment can change too. I am used to being disappointed by certain people in my life. It got to the point when it wasn't really much of a disappointment when things happened. But then about a year ago everything changed. In the back of my mind I knew that the chances of him falling back into that pattern were pretty good but I knew that it was different that it had been. So when he did drift to the same old habbits the disappointment was huge. I was greatly disappointed but at the same I understood. I understood going through something so great and something so painful and not really having anyone to turn to. If you have something that makes you feel better, you can blame you for turning to that.
Then its the everyday disappointments that are so small that normal people wouldn't even care. But they continue to build and build on each other until its too much to take. I don't want to hear them talk becuase I know it will lead to disappointment. It ruins a relationship real fast. And how do I talk to anyone about this problem? Because the ironic thing is - I'm afriad I would disappoint them. I can't work like this forever.
On a completley light note and a much more random... On the Bachelor - I hate when girls go for their one on one time with Jason and talk about other girls. Don't waste your time bad mouthing other people. I mean, Come on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment