Wednesday, June 14, 2017

And update on life.

So it's been a while. 

Almost 17 months to be exact. 

Life is crazy with two little ones. But summer is here and it gives me a chance to recharge my batteries and get my life back in order. I just wish summer was a little longer. 

So to update: 
Jackson is growing like a weed. I didn't do monthly post with him just because I didn't have time to sit at my computer with two kids. How people with more kids do it is beyond me! From about November to March he basically had a constant ear infection and sometimes a double ear infection. So in March he got tubes. We were hoping that the tubes would stop the ear infections but they didn't. He's had 3 more since then. In April after one of his ear infections, we noticed a knot on his ear. At first it was just inside his ear before the opening to the ear canal. Then I realized there was another bump on the back of his ear too. We went back to the ENT and realized it is a cyst. So we will have it removed in July. You would never know he's had so many ear infections. He's the happiest little boy. It's so fun to watch him grow each day. I love seeing him and Tucker interact. Jackson wants to do everything that Tucker does. 

Tucker is doing great too. There isn't much to update on him. He is becoming such a smart and funny little boy! I find myself daily just sitting back and watching him grow. You can see how smart he is becoming and his imagination unfold right in front of you. He's so sweet and kind. But he's also three, so the threenager comes out in him from time to time. 

Now for me... I knew pretty much of all Jackson's pregnancy that his would be my last. While I loved being pregnant, I didn't love all that came with it. I didn't love the daily shots, the weekly doc appointments (although I love my doctor!!), the weekly shots, the fear and anxiety, the bedrest, and all the other nasty sides of pregnancy. So when Ben and I were trying to decide which one would get fixed, I thought it should be him since I had already gone through so much. But after much more thought and prayer (a lot of prayer!!), we decided that I would be the one to do it. So yesterday I went in and had a tubal ligation and an endometrial ablation. Recovery so far has been okay. I pretty much slept all day yesterday. We stopped on our way home and got lunch. My mouth was so dry it was so hard to eat a sandwich. After I ate, I went to sleep for several hours. I've been crampy and sore but nothing too bad. My stomach hurts to the touch at the incision site, which is really small, so I don't think it will hurt long. I slept ok. Tucker and Jackson both ended up in our bed. Ben was terrified that one of them would hit my stomach so I don't think he slept at all. Everytime he would try and take one of them back to bed, they'd wake up and cry so he'd just bring them right back in our bed. Thankfully, my mom is here. She watched the boys while we were gone yesterday and then helped with them when we got back home since I wasn't much help. She'll be here as long as I need her. I haven't gotten out of bed today, so we will see how I feel when I get up. 

I think that's it for now. I miss blogging but I can't promise I'll be back. Life is just crazy busy these days! 

No comments: