Saturday, February 4, 2012

Due Date

Today is supposed to be my due date. I have been absolutely dreading this day for weeks, well really since September 14th. But just as with Christmas it hasn't been as hard as I expected it to be. I had it so built up in my head but it was just another day. Now, don't get me wrong. I've been sad and I've cried but all in all it wasn't THAT bad. The days that I thought would have been the hardest haven't been that bad. It's the unexpectedly hard days that come out of no where that knock me down. I guess that's the story of grief. We have good days and we have bad days. My emotions go up and down.

Funny story I was playing around on twitter earlier and Kellie Pickler posted something about the Jesus Calling app by Sarah Young. She said that today's devotional was really good. So I downloaded the app just to see what it said. And I was amazed at how well it fit for today. Isn't it crazy that God works like that! This is what the devotional said:

Bring Me your weakness, and receive my peace. Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remembering that I am sovereign over everything. Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning. Instead, let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to Me. As you live in the radiance of My Presence, My Peace shines upon you. You will cease to notice how weak or strong you feel, because you will be focusing on Me. The best way to get through this day is step by step with me. Continue through the intimate journey, trusting that the path you are following is headed for heaven. 

It's so true. I've said it a million times, He has a plan. I tell myself that all the time. He has a great plan for mine and Ben's life. I don't know what it holds but I do know all I have to do is make it through today. He will give me enough strength to make it through tomorrow. And he does. His love is never ending and unfailing. I fully trust in his plan.

The Lord gives strength to his people, the Lord blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11




No comments: